Comparison causes stress, frustration and ultimately limits people’s belief in what they think is possible.
It takes an extreme amount of self-control and mental toughness to not compare yourself to other people. Think about it. When was the last time you had any of the following thoughts:
- “I would be doing much better if I had Mary’s territory”
- “I’m doing more work than Henry and he need to pick up the pace”
- “The only reason John is successful is because he gets special treatment by the boss”
- “It’s not fair that Sue is getting paid as much as she is. I work just as hard if not harder than her”
- “Nancy’s husband is so much more attentive to her needs than my husband”
- “I wish my wife was as hot as Mike’s wife” . . .finish reading this article here.