The Southwestern Consulting team has created a simple 5-step process to guide you through this part of the prospecting process: CLASP. CLASP is a series of questions that you want to ask your prospect first thing. You need to ask these questions before sharing any information about what you can do for them. You need the answers to these questions to properly sell them on why they should use you! This is your negotiating power for now and for the future. Once you have identified their expectations, you have the bargaining power!
C- CURRENT SITUATION
1. Current or past living situation? What is the price of their home? Monthly payment?
2. Did they work with an agent last time? If so, who was it or what company? Make sure you bring this up now, so it doesn’t bite you in the butt later!
3. Budget? Price range in mind? Loan officer? Pre-qualified? What are your current expectations?
1. What do you like about where you live now? Why did you move here? What is your favorite part of the house/ neighborhood, etc…
2. What did they like about their last agent? Why did they decide to work with them? How did they meet him/her?
3. If they’re a repeat client, ask/remind them why they are choosing to work with you again.
4. What are things that you want for your future house/ agent/ budget? (Hot Buttons)
A – ALTER
1. Is there anything you would change about your current living situation? Anything that you know you do not want in your next home?
2. How was your experience with the last agent? Anything you could do without next time? What is 1 thing you would change if you could do it over? This is where you identify their PAIN
3. If you have not found their pain – ask more questions. This is where the sale happens!!!
4. Find the NEED and then sell to it (i.e. making a profit)
S – SIGNER
1. Give choice questions: Now, will you make all these decisions or will you and your wife/husband make those together?
2. It’s really important to me that I don’t leave anyone out – should we also include your spouse on all of our future meetings?
3. Will you handle the financial decisions or do you usually involve spouse/ or someone in those decisions as well?
P – PAINT THEIR PICTURE
1. Give them a recap of everything they told you from the above questions
2. This is where you offer solutions. Sell yourself here!
3. Repeat everything they told you in the form of an IF, THEN question. Get their commitment early and often. Offer alternatives to meet their expectations.
I’m looking forward to hearing your comments and success stories using this system!